by Continental Club on December 20, 2016
British Airways has loaded its ‘Unforgettable‘ sale of World Traveller (Economy) and World Traveller Plus (Premium Economy) fares for travel to destinations worldwide on selected dates. Periods of availability vary by destination, reflecting seasonal demand variations. Fares must be booked by 23:59 GMT on 31st January 2017. An official ‘Sale’ page is published to the airline’s website at ba.com, but the BA Low Fare Finder at ba.com is the best way to check the new fares and availability.
Overall, Economy fares are 3% lower than in the last sale, and Premium Economy fares are on average 9% lower. This is the first time that the newly-announced destinations of Fort Lauderdale, New Orleans, Oakland and Tehran have been offered at ‘sale’ fares; Sydney at £670 return in Economy is the lowest fare that we’ve ever tracked from BA for the route, and £640 return in Premium Economy to both New York and Boston is also as low as we have ever recorded.
All sale fares qualify for Avios and Tier Point credit in the British Airways Executive Club frequent flyer programme, as well as OnBusiness points for small and medium sized enterprises enrolled in that programme.
For a full list of longhaul destinations and lowest fares, including the corresponding fare in the last full sale (August 2016), click ‘READ MORE’ or scroll down.
The following is a full list of current best available fares to all British Airways longhaul destinations. Some fares are not included in this sale, but are included in the listing in the interests of completeness:
|World Traveller||World Traveller||World Traveller Plus||World Traveller Plus|
|Economy||Economy||Premium Economy||Premium Economy|
|This Sale||Last Sale||This Sale||Last Sale|
|San Jose CA||£498.00||£568.00||£791.00||£871.00|
|Latin America & Caribbean|
|Port of Spain||£523.00||£525.00||£890.00||£922.00|
|Rio de Janeiro||£761.00||£699.00||£1,051.00||£1,269.00|
|Middle East & Africa|
|Far East & Australia|
Full terms and conditions:
1. By taking part in this promotion, Participants confirm that they accept the terms and conditions set out below.
2. Limited availability of flights at sale prices. All promotional fares quoted are from the departure airports stated in the booking and are based on the lowest available price available at this time on ba.com. When viewing fares from departure point ‘London (All)’, the lowest available fare for any one of all the included London Airports will be shown.
3. Advertised sale prices discounted from lowest price available in the 28 days before 20 December 2016.
4. Prices include all taxes, fees and carrier charges, correct as of 14 December 2016.
5. All prices valid from London Heathrow and London Gatwick airports.
6. Flights to all destinations must be booked between 12:00 GMT 20 December 2016 and 23:59 BST 31 January 2017.
7. This promotion applies to return World Traveller and World Traveller Plus tickets booked during the booking period for selected travel routes and for selected travel periods apply:
a. Travel in World Traveller from London Heathrow to Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Denver, Dallas Fort Worth, New York (Newark), New York (JFK), Washington, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Miami, Chicago, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California) Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto is available for selected outbound travel dates between 9 January 2017 and 30 November 2017
b. Travel in World Traveller from London Heathrow to New Orleans is available for selected outbound travel dates between 27 March 2017 and 30 November 2017.
c. Travel in World Traveller or World Traveller Plus from London Heathrow to Beijing, Shanghai, Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Chennai, Moscow, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seoul, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Muscat, Doha, Dubai, Tehran, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Nairobi, Tokyo (Haneda) and Tokyo (Narita) is available for selected outbound travel dates between 16 January 2017 and 8 December 2017.
d. Travel in World Traveller or World Traveller Plus from London Heathrow to Buenos Aires (Ministro Pistarini), Rio de Janeiro (International), Sao Paulo (Guarulhos Intl), Santiago, Nassau (Nassau Bahamas Intl), and Grand Cayman (Gwen Roberts Intl), is available for selected outbound travel dates between 1 January 2017 and 7 December 2017.
e. Travel in World Traveller or World Traveller Plus from London Gatwick to Barbados, Antigua, St Kitts, Tobago, Grenada, St Lucia, Port of Spain, Providenciales, Punta Cana, Bermuda, Kingston (Jamaica), Bermuda, Cancun, San Jose (Costa Rica), Lima (Peru), New York (JFK), Orlando, Tampa, Male (Maldvies), Mauritius, Cape Town, Fort Lauderdale and Oakland are available for selected outbound travel dates between 14 January 2017 and 13 December 2017.
f. Travel in Economy from London Heathrow operated by Iberia via Madrid to Bogota, Quito/Guayaquil, Panama City is available for selected travel dates between 23 January 2017 and 30 June 2017.
8. Minimum stay periods apply on selected routes:
a. The following routes require a Saturday night stay: London Gatwick to Barbados, Antigua, St Kitts, Tobago, Grenada, St Lucia, Port of Spain, Providenciales, Punta Cana, Bermuda, Kingston (Jamaica), Cancun, San Jose (Costa Rica), Lima (Peru), Orlando, Tampa, Mali (Maldives), Mauritius, Cape Town, Fort Lauderdale and Oakland.
b. London Heathrow to Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Denver, Dallas Fort Worth, New York (Newark), New York (JFK) Washington, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Miami, New Orleans, Chicago, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle (not included before – check if is included at all in the sale), San Francisco, San Jose (California), Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Buenos Aires (Ministro Pistarini), Rio de Janeiro (International), Sao Paulo (Guarulhos Intl), Santiago, Nassau (Nassau Bahamas Intl), and Grand Cayman (Gwen Roberts Intl), Beijing, Shanghai, Delhi, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Chennai, Moscow, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seoul, Johannesburg, Nairobi, Tokyo (Haneda) and Tokyo (Narita).
c. London Heathrow via Madrid to Bogota, Guatemala City and Panama City.
d. The following routes require a 3 night minimum stay: London Heathrow to Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Muscat, Bahrain, and Tehran.
9. Maximum stay periods may apply on selected routes:
a. For travel in World Traveller and World Traveller Plus from London Heathrow and London Gatwick to all destinations, the maximum length of stay is 355 days from the date of outbound travel
10. For all travel with Iberia via Madrid, an advance purchase of 7 nights is required
11. For all travel on the following routes an advance purchase of 14 days is required:
London Heathrow to Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Denver, Dallas Fort Worth, New York (Newark), New York (JFK), Washington, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Miami, New Orleans, Chicago, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California) Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto.
12. For all travel on the following routes an advance purchase of 7 days is required:
a. London Gatwick to Barbados, Antigua, St Kitts, Tobago, Grenada, St Lucia, Port of Spain, Providenciales, Punta Cana, Bermuda, Kingston (Jamaica), Bermuda, Cancun, San Jose (Costa Rica), Lima (Peru), New York (JFK), Orlando, Tampa, Male (Maldvies), Mauritius, Cape Town, Fort Lauderdale and Oakland.
b. London Heathrow to Buenos Aires (Ministro Pistarini), Rio de Janeiro (International), Sao Paulo (Guarulhos Intl), Santiago, Nassau (Nassau Bahamas Intl), Grand Cayman (Gwen Roberts Intl), Beijing, Shanghai, Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Chennai, Moscow, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seoul, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Muscat, Doha, Dubai, Tehran, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Nairobi, Tokyo (Haneda) and Tokyo (Narita)
c. London Heathrow via Madrid to Bogota, Guatemala City and Panama City.
13. Individual travel dates are subject to availability. Promotional travel is subject to availability and capacity control, and availability may be limited over bank holidays and peak periods. The number of seats available on each flight at a particular fare may be restricted and it is possible that seats allocated to a particular fare on a particular flight may be fully booked even though seats are still available for sale at a different fare or booking class in the same cabin.
14. The promotion applies only to flights on the routes specified in the table at ba.com/sale. These are operated by BA except where shown to be operated by BA CityFlyer, Iberia, Japan Airlines or American Airlines. The promotion does not apply to travel on any other BA franchisee or alliance airline, or any flight operated by a codeshare partner.
15. Some fares may be subject to advance booking restrictions. They will be highlighted at the time of booking on ba.com.
16. All promotional flights are non-refundable. Flights booked in World Traveller and World Traveller Plus are changeable for a £150 fee (plus any additional fare for changes). Changes are not allowed on the day of departure. The date of departure is determined by the local date and time of the departing country.
17. Promotional travel must be booked, ticketed, started and finished in the UK.
18. Promotion does not apply group bookings (10 or more passengers in one booking).
19. Weekend departures: Restrictions and supplements may apply on certain routes. These will be highlighted at the time of booking on ba.com. Final prices for all sale routes are shown within ba.com.
20. Regional connections to London Heathrow or London Gatwick for travel to onward long haul destinations are excluded from this promotion, and vary in cost depending on regional airport.
21. Payment must be made in full at the time of booking. If booking direct with BA via telephone on 0844 493 0775 or online at ba.com, payment by cheque will not be accepted. Bookings made over the telephone will carry a non-refundable £10 offline booking fee per person per ticket. Calls cost up to 5p per minute from a BT landline. Calls from mobiles may vary.
22. Please note that some credit card issuers will not permit payment for air travel from the UK to be paid for on credit cards that they have issued if the billing address is outside the UK. BA does not accept responsibility for the refusal of any card issuer to allow use of its cards for payment. Prices are based on debit card payments. BA applies a charge for other payment methods, including credit cards and Paypal.
23. No cash or credit alternative is available. This promotion has no cash value.
24. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion, or deal, including but not limited to: (i) redemption bookings; (ii) travel agent or industry discount fares (including but not limited to agency, industry and employee discounts), inclusive holidays, group discount fares, children/infant fares, or senior citizen fares, whether or not booked in the qualifying classes; (iii) bookings made with vouchers (eg shareholder’s discount vouchers); or (iv) upgrades.
25. All travel on BA flights is subject to BA’s General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage (see ba.com) and the notice and conditions of contract contained on each ticket and itinerary. Travel on services operated by Iberia, American Airlines and Japan Airlines are subject to the conditions of carriage of the relevant carrier.
26. Promotional materials form part of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions shall prevail if there is any conflict between these and the promotional materials.
27. BA reserves the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion and any tickets or vouchers issued free or at promotional prices in the event of major catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, strike, earthquake or any actual anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of BA.
28. British Airways is not liable for the reproduction of this offer or indirect access via third party websites of these terms and where such reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with this promotion.
29. This promotion, and any non contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with it, is governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
30. Promoter is British Airways Plc (“BA”), Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, UB7 0GB. Registered No. 1777777 England.